Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm going to have to write a book

Hi, everybody. The Fun Dude Blog is dead in the water. I'm back on the ship working 7 days a week, from early in the morning to late at night.

Although I actually do have time to write every day, I don't have the time necessary to post a polished entry every day.

I've been on the Ship since the 17th and I'm way behind and stressing out. So what I'm going to do is continue to write about ship life, but eliminate the pressure of posting to the Web. ALl writing is rewriting, so I'm simply too much of a perfectionist to write quick entries and post them immediately.

Instead I'm going to write a rough draft of my book while onboard, then polish it during my next vacation.

The sad thing is, I'm so busy on the ship and having such a tough time adjusting, I would really love to share my adventures with everyone. But I need the freedom to write quickly and sloppily for my first draft, and I wouldn't have that luxury were I to publish to the Web on a daily basis.

So the Adventures of The Fun Dude will become a reality, just as a book instead of a blog.

Thanks,

Jeff the Fun Dude

5 comments:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jeff! I didn't know that you had a blog. Yay! I will be blogging from Alaska starting in August. My blog is snowandmist.blogspot.com.

    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Jeff. I look forward to reading it, and hopefully for you, buying it first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi,, i like to visit this site,, have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete